Title 1 Parent-Student Learning Compact
I understand that my participation in my child’s education will help his/her achievement and attitude. I agree to carry out the following responsibilities:
1. Provide a quiet place/time to do schoolwork and encourage my child to
2. Make sure my child gets adequate sleep and has a healthy diet
3. Make sure my child is at school on time.
4. Spend at least 15 minutes each day reading with my child.
5. Communicate and work with teachers and school staff to support and challenge
6. Monitor television watching and use of extracurricular time.
7. Attend parent meetings and conferences.
I know my education is important to me. It will help me become a better person. I agree to do the following:
1. Return completed schoolwork and assignments.
2. Be at school on time unless I am sick or have a prearranged absence.
3. Be responsible for my own behavior.
4. Respect and cooperate with other students and adults.
5. Spend at least 15 minutes each day reading.
I understand the importance of the school experience to every student and my role as a teacher. I agree to carry out the following responsibilities:
1. Develop a curriculum to meet the individual needs of the child.
2. Teach the necessary concepts to meet the individual needs of the child.
3. Regularly communicate with parents on their child’s progress.
a. Provide reports to parents
b. Encourage participation in the child’s class
c. Invite parents to observe Title 1 class activities.
d. Encourage parents to volunteer in Title 1 classrooms.
4. Provide opportunities for parent meetings and conferences.
5. Provide a safe, supportive and healthy learning environment for your child.
6. Respect the cultural diversity of students and their families.