Who We Are!
- CIS Student News!
- Student Announcements
- Staff Announcements
- PreSchool-Mrs. Miller
- Mr. Horst-Technology
- 3rd Grade Mrs. Whidby
- 3rd Grade Mrs. Olson
- 3rd Grade Mrs. Hoffman
- 4th Grade Mrs. Motz
- 4th Grade Mrs. Grant
- 4th Grade Mrs. Anderson
- Mr. Bach-Counselor
- CIA-After School Program
- Chadron District
- Primary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Now you know Nebraska!
Monday, September 11, 2017
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
CRAWFORD, NE. – Aug. 25, 2017 – The Hudson-Meng Education and Research Center (HMERC) will be celebrating its 18th Anniversary this Labor Day weekend, Sept. 2-3, with an Open House and special events. During this celebration the regular admission fee will be waived, so bring the family and celebrate with us.
Saturday Sept. 2 events include:
- Bison Trail Hike led by Eric Alt and Emma Pickering, Hudson-Meng Park Rangers. This hike will start 10 a.m. at Toadstool Geologic Park and meander 3 miles to the HMERC. Along the way park rangers will talk about the geology of area and take you to perfect areas for photos. Make sure to bring water, sunscreen, wear proper shoe, and camera for hike. Call Hudson-Meng Front Desk by Friday, September 1 to RSVP.
- A flint-knapping demonstration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., by Crawford native Dave Nixon, where spear points and knives will be made from of stone.
- An interpretive talk starting at 7 p.m. at Chadron State Park’s Trading Post featuring Faith Duncan, archaeologist and Passport in Time volunteer with the USDA Forest Service. Ms. Duncan’s topic of discussion is a mystery, much like the Hudson-Meng bone bed was before its discovery.
Sunday Sept. 3 events include:
- A second flint-knapping demonstration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A free lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. provided by the Black Hills Parks and Forests Association and catered by the High Plains Homestead Cook Shack.
- An atlatl competition at 3 p.m., which is open to everyone and the top three placings will receive prizes.
Other weekend events include a “make your own atlatl” craft activity for kids aged 3 to 8, a photo slideshow showcasing the excavation and construction of the visitor center from 1990-1999, and the unveiling of the new Junior Archaeology booklet for children to complete and receive their archaeologist certificate. There will be a station where park rangers will be helping with rock or bone identification, so bring those rocks and bones you have laying around with you.
Also, children will have the ability to experience the free Agents of Discovery mobile gaming app based on the HMERC during this weekend. This app is an augmented reality game to encourage play and discovery of the world around you by unlocking hidden geo-located challenges. Children playing will receive prizes for completing the game, so download Agents of Discovery app before you arrive. Note, cell phone service is not necessary for the game to function once it has been downloaded.
After Labor Day weekend the HMERC will be closing for the season on September 4 but will reopen in May of 2018. If you have any questions regarding the visitor center or the scheduled events please contact the Hudson-Meng Education and Research Center front desk at (308) 665-3900 or Ryan Means at (308) 221-4162.
Thursday, August 24, 2017
|Mrs. Motz, the new 4th grade teacher reviews vocabulary terms with students. Improving vocabulary in all content areas is our School Improvement Goal!|
|Mrs. Olson shares her love of books with her 3rd grade students.|
|Mrs. Anderson provides extra practice time in reading.|
|Adding Technology to the day always peaks student interest!|
|Mr. Horst-keeping the magic alive!|
Students are getting back to shape after a long summer. Mrs. Rischling helps students stretch before their activies.
|Mrs. Dickerson help students get their voices back in shape after a long summer as well!|
|Students had fun singing these songs and more this week in music class!|
Monday, August 21, 2017
|Mrs. Nielsen and Mrs. Druker got in the picture!|
|Glad we had such a beautiful day to try out the "solar glasses"|
|I see skies of blue and clouds of white|
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world!
|Gonna chill with the moon for awhile!|
|Mrs. Leonard enjoying the view!|